Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023:How To Apply Online Form
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023-24:Application
The Ministry of Human Resource Development, formally known as the Ministry of Education, launched a special scholarship scheme called Ishan Uday in 2014 under the University Grants Commission. Under this scheme, the Government of India invites applications from gifted students from the North East through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). Every year, the government invites online applications and many students apply for this amazing scheme.
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023-24 : Details
Name of Scheme: Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme,
Academic Session: 2023-24
Scholarship Authority: Government of India
Number of beneficiaries: 10,000 students per annum.
Eligible States: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Tripura,Sikkim.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme
5,400/- per month for general degree courses and Rs.7,800/- per month for technical and professional courses (including medical and para-medical courses) will be paid to the beneficiary student through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) .
ISHAN UDAY Scholarship : HelpDesk
Students facing any problem while submitting online application for ISHAN UDAY Scholarship Scheme can use the following contact methods to get support from the concerned authorities.
Phone Number: 0120-6619540
Email Address: email@example.com
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023-24 Online Application Form
The scheme is called : Ishan Uday Scholarship
Qualifications : 12th pass
Government :Government of India
Application process : Online
Application fee :free
Start date :3/10/2023
Last Date :31/12/2023
Objectives of Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme
Provide equal opportunities for higher reading in the NE region.
Increase the gross enrollment ratio (GER) in the NE region.
to focus more on professional education in the NE region.
Optimal use of NER budget allocations.
Ishan Uday Scholarship eligibility criteria
Type of Educational Institution: NER resident students, who have passed Class XII or equivalent examination from a school located within NER through any recognized Board of Education, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Secondary including Certificate in Education (ICSE) , within National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) only within NER, and universities/colleges/under-
- Course Semester/Class: Only students studying in 1st year or 1st semester of the course are eligible.
- Courses: For integrated degree courses the scholarship will be tenable for the full duration of the course. Scholarships for dual degree courses will be tenable only for the first degree. The University must make this clear when recommending a candidate for a scholarship.
- Family Income: Only those students whose parents’ annual income does not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh are eligible.
- Reservation: Transgender students are also eligible for this scheme and reservation will be as per government rules.
Universities/Institutions/Colleges covered under Sections 2(f) and 12(b) of the UGC Act.
To be considered as a university included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible for receiving grants and assistance from the UGC.
Universities/ Institutions/ Colleges funded by Central/ State Governments.
Institutions of National Importance.
Institutions recognized by other statutory councils inside as well as outside.
read also : Atmanirbhar Asom How To Apply Online: 2023
The selection and merit list of Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme will be prepared on the basis of the following criteria.
Total Slots: A total of 10,000 slots are available under this scheme and 10,000 students will be awarded.
Distribution: Distribution of slots among NER states will be done on the basis of population census (last).
In case of vacant slots: If a slot in a particular state remains vacant due to unavailability of eligible candidates, the vacancies will be distributed equally among other states.
Reservation: Reservation for Persons with Disabilities (PWD) will be made as per the rules of Government of India.
How to Apply Online Form for Ishan Uday Scholarship
Online applications for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme must be submitted on the official website of the National Scholarship Portal. For the ease of our users, we have listed the steps to follow to complete the application process for this scholarship. Students can refer to the following steps before proceeding with the application process.
- Scroll down, and check the Important Connection section.
- Click on Online Application Link.
- Now, an official web portal will load in the new tab of your browser.
- On that portal, you will have the option to register yourself.
- Note that if you are renewing a scholarship you do not need to re-register.
- After registration, you need to enter all the information you need.
After that a page with your Student Application ID will be displayed, please make a note of that ID for future use and click on Continue button.
- Now, a login form will load. In that form, enter your User ID, Password (it was sent to your registered mobile number) and check the Captcha and click on the orange Login button.
- After successful login you will get a form. Where you need to fill your registration details, academic details and basic details.
After filling those details click on Save and Continue button.
Now, you need to fill contact details, scheme details and upload documents.
- Next, click on the Final Submit button.
- Now, a page will appear with all your filled in details. Click on the Print button to get a copy of the submitted application.
Next, visit your institute or college and submit that printed application acknowledgment copy along with all the relevant documents demanded by your institute or college.
That is just the entire process of applying for the Ishan Uday Scholarship.
Required Documents Ishan Uday Scholarship
- Bank passbook
- Income certificate
- Aadhaar Card
- Bonafide Certificate
- Joining the proforma for fresh awardees (Appendix-I)
- Proforma for renewal ( Appendix-II)
- Domicile State Certificate by the Competent Authority.
- Quarterly Continuity Certificate (Appendix-III)
- Affidavit (prescribed language in the form of affidavit of Rs.50/- from student/parent duly certified by SDM/ First Class Magistrate/ Gazetted Officer (not below the rank of Tahsildar) pledging not to avail any other scholarship (Annexure-IV)) .